Infection Sciences Department
Our laboratories perform hundreds of thousands of specialist and routine investigations annually and provide a fully integrated consultant-led service for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of community and imported infections in the immuno-compromised host.
The department collaborates between clinical research groups and academic partners at:
- Guy's, King's and St Thomas’ school of medicine
- The Institute of Psychiatry
- The School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital Clinical Directorate, King's College London and King's Division of Biomedical Sciences.
- National Heart and Lung Institute
The Department's wide-ranging portfolio of diagnostic bacteriology, virology, mycology and parasitology tests includes a comprehensive molecular repertoire offering qualitative and quantitative PCR, real time PCR and pathogen genotyping that is fully responsive to the ever changing needs of our clinical colleagues.